The stars of the show have established themselves during the inaugural season, but who has stood out more than most? Have your say by voting for your first Overwatch League MVP.
After a fiercely fought first season, Blizzard wants to hear the fans’ thoughts on the first year of action.
The MVP award will be given to the player that has made the biggest impact over the course of the regular season.
Overwatch League fans have the opportunity to influence the vote via social media platform Twitter. These votes will account for 25% of the final decision with the remaining 75% to be judged by the Overwatch League broadcasting team.
You can vote for your Overwatch League MVP by tweeting using the #OWLMVP hashtag followed by the player’s twitter handle or BattleTag.
Overwatch League fans will have until the final day of stage four, Sunday 17 June, to vote for their favourite player. The organisers will announce the winner on 11 July ahead of the first round of playoff games.
Mobile service provider Vodafone is sponsoring the event.
Overwatch League MVP front-runners
Blizzard has unveiled a new MVP leaderboard on the Overwatch League website to keep track of the current front-runners.
As things stand, Overwatch League’s top five most popular players are:
1. Jae-hyeok “Carpe” Lee of Philadelphia Fusion
2. Sung-hyeon “JJoNak” Bang of New York Excelsior
3. Byung-sun “Fleta” Kim of Seoul Dynasty
4. Hye-Sung “Libero” Kim of New York Excelsior
5. Hyeon “EFFECT” Hwang of Dallas Fuel
This list will update daily depending on the number of votes recorded.
With plenty of action still to play, we can expect plenty of movement over the next two months. Some will fall and others will rise in their place, but only one will go down in history as the first ever Overwatch League MVP.
The Overwatch League continues on Friday 27 April. Los Angeles Gladiators face London Spitfire, San Francisco Shock face New York Excelsior and Seoul Dynasty face Philadelphia Fusion.